Governor DeSantis moved the state of Florida into COVID-19 Phase 3 reopening on September 25, 2020. Our pastoral staff, in coordination with local health officials and our own reopening task force, has approved the Sunday operating procedures outlined on this page. As always, please stay home if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or are showing symptoms.
How? When? Where? What?
- We will offer one worship service at 10:15am
- In accordance with the language of Phase 3, we will encourage limited physical distancing across campus
- Face coverings are welcome in the Worship Center
- We will provide a "safer area,"* including: (1) designated seating with prescribed physical distancing measure; (2) face coverings are required
- We will continue to practice sanitation procedures as recommended by local health officials
- We will provide kids' ministry programming for nursery through 3rd grade** during the 10:15am hour.
- We plan to live stream all elements of our Sunday service via Facebook and then upload the archived video to our website.
*This section will be located in the front, right of the Worship Center nearest the stage. Heritage attenders will be able to enter and exit through the front, right double doors of the Worship Center allowing for immediate access to this section.
**Children's Ministries will: (1) Encourage the use of Elexio Remote Check-in; (2) Require temperature screenings of all volunteers and kids; (3) Continue to practice thorough sanitation procedures in all HKM spaces.
Our Confidence as Christians
As Christians we realize that our hope and well-being is tied into something, actually Someone, much greater than a virus--Jesus Christ. As a church, we desire to lead from a position of humility to a watching world. One of the best ways we can lead in humility and serve our Lakeland neighbors during this present crisis is in our deference to civil authorities in abiding by publicly endorsed health recommendations. As a church corporately and as Christians individually, we will continue seeking ways in which to minister the love of Christ. We believe the measures outlined above prioritize the primacy of the gospel in our lives while humbly abiding by federal, state, and local recommendations.
How should I respond?
As we move forward with in-person gatherings again, we encourage you to:
(1) Pray for patience and understanding as we seek to eagerly maintain the unity of our church family.
(2) Stay connected to the church body through in-person gatherings or online engagement.
(3) Continue to faithfully give financially in a spirit of benevolence to our church family and on-going ministry efforts—you will find a link to Elexio Giving above and contribution boxes will be available in the Worship Center on Sundays for cash or checks.
(4) Eagerly await Christ's return when he brings about a day without sickness, suffering, and death. What a glorious day it will be!